#2919: Include black hole-neutron star merger gallery example
Reporter: Beyhan Karakaş
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
usually I kept them around until after the release.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2919/include-black-hol…
#2919: Include black hole-neutron star merger gallery example
Reporter: Beyhan Karakaş
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Beyhan Karakaş):
Can we close the ticket as this has already been included?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2919/include-black-hol…
#1775: Add Boost to ET
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
ah, that's why. Version 1.89 (I had misremembered 1.69). Should not be able to use that one anyway (at least Steve says versions newer than 1.84 fail).
My self-compiled one was the one in Externallibraries which is 1.84. And indeed the file is last present in Debian's Boost 1.88 package.
Since we cannot (though apparently things worked of for you) use that new version yet, the extra check does no harm.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1775/add-boost-to-et
#1775: Add Boost to ET
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Peter Diener):
No. According to what I was able to find out Boost version 1.89 was the first version they didn't build the stub for backward compability.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1775/add-boost-to-et
#1775: Add Boost to ET
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Great. Thanks of the feedback. if it is a self-build one that is lacking `libboost_system` could this have been caused by options passed to `b2` while building?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1775/add-boost-to-et
#1775: Add Boost to ET
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Peter Diener):
The compile of boost started and finished on Sunrise after your fix.
I encountered the missing libboost_system on Sunrise. I have my own compiled boost version 1.89 there. When I removed the check for the library I was able to compile and link the current development version of Cactus.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1775/add-boost-to-et