#2953: ET_BHaHAHA lacks consistent regeneation instructions
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Following the instructions creates a directory `projects/BHaHAHA` which one may have to manually copy into `src`.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2953/et_bhahaha-lacks-…
#2953: ET_BHaHAHA lacks consistent regeneation instructions
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
ET_BHaHAHA does not contain a simple makefile or similar that one could use to regenrate it.
It would be great if, like Baikal or the Kranc based thorns, it had a simple Makefile or script that one could run to regenerate its code (without permanently affecting the callers $HOME etc of course).
Current instructions in the README file say:
```
Install the pinned NRPy version used for the committed generated source:
python -m pip install \
"nrpy @ git+https://github.com/nrpy/nrpy.git@471533121488d007d93b3693a68e2ccc4b158b…"
```
current instructions in the [ET wiki ](https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Process#regenerate_files) say:
```
pip install "nrpy @ git+https://github.com/nrpy/nrpy.git@22c596cbf6603637908beb341d962bbb4527a2…"
```
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2953/et_bhahaha-lacks-…
#2916: Include Cottonmouth
Reporter: Beyhan KarakaÅŸ
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Max Morris):
My fixes are now live in the EinsteinEngine and Cottonmouth repos. This should hopefully address every issue raised.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2916/include-cottonmou…
#2916: Include Cottonmouth
Reporter: Beyhan KarakaÅŸ
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Max Morris):
Hi Zach,
Thank you for the feedback.
I have gone ahead and addressed most of these. I'm currently waiting for my test suite to finish running before I regenerate Cottonmouth. I think #15 is a nonissue; I want MyPy etc. to be available to end users so they can type check their recipes. The only issue which impacts the generation of Cottonmouth is #7, and it is extremely minor (missing CCTK_ASSERT lines in one of the source files).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2916/include-cottonmou…