#2900: Support for Lonestar
Reporter: Hector Iglesias
Status: submitted
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: blocker
Component:
Hello,
I was wondering if there was support for the Lonestar cluster. I don’t see any files for it in `simfactory/mdb` in the latest ET release, but [#256](https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/256/add-support-for-the-new-lonestar) seems to indicate that there was a time where there was support.
Thanks.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2900/support-for-lones…
#2899: BHNS with Elliptica: Assertion `all(offset == other.offset)' failed
Reporter: Alejandra Gonzalez
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Hello,
I’m testing the Elliptica\_ID\_Reader thorn to evolve black hole neutron star binaries. Right after iteration 0 I get the following error:
```
cactus_sim_ellip: /gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/Elliptica/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/bboxset2.hh:263: CarpetLib::bboxset2::bboxset<T, D> CarpetLib::bboxset2::bboxset<T, D>::binary_operator(const F&, const CarpetLib::bboxset2::bboxset<T, D>&) const [with F = CarpetLib::bboxset2::bboxset<int, 3>::operator|(const CarpetLib::bboxset2::bboxset<int, 3>&) const::<lambda(const bboxset1&, const bboxset1&)>; T = int; int D = 3]: Assertion `all(offset == other.offset)' failed.
```
I understand there’s something wrong with the box covering either of the two objects so I would appreciate suggestions as to which parameters to modify and how to set this properly.
I’m attaching the parfile I’m using, maybe I’m missing something there.
attachment: bhns_gamma2.0_k92.1_n128.par (https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2…)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2899/bhns-with-ellipti…
#2898: CarpetX: Interpolator caches
Reporter: Lucas Timotheo Sanches
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Having a hidden cache is dangerous since it will accumulate cache entries that may no longer be required \(eg a run that never regrids but updates coordinates\). Something like this happened to the HTTP thorn
Better maybe to let the user code control cache entries.
Eg. Slab uses \(in `Slab/src/slab.h` \(though apparently there’s no LaTeXed docs for this\) `Slab_MultiTransfer_Init` and `Slab_MultiTransfer_Finalize` to manage lifetime of its control structures. CarpetInterp2 \(being C\+\+ only\) uses the `fasterp_setup_t`class \(`CarpetInterp2/src/fasterp.hh`\).
This also avoids the need to have to hash the input coordinates etc. or otherwise find out which cached entry to use.
This can be added to the regular Cactus interpolator \(could be in Carpet as well, though apparently I never created code for this\) by having a handle based interface and storing the \(int\) handle is a parameter in the interpolator parameter table \(in fact the interpolator is free to modify the table, so it could actually allocate the cache entry is an “emtpy” field for the cache handle is found in the table, which would require only call to deallocate the handle object\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2898/carpetx-interpola…
#2886: support cell centered directions when calling Fortran scheduled functions in CarpetX
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: Cactus
Changes (by Roland Haas):
title: support cell centered directions when calling Fortran scheduled functions in CarpetX (was support cell centered directions when calling Fortran scheduled functions)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2886/support-cell-cent…
#2172: Test "Binary black hole GW150914" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: resolved
Milestone: ET_2025_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: resolved (was open)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2172/test-binary-black…
#2172: Test "Binary black hole GW150914" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2025_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
All applied. Thank you!
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2172/test-binary-black…