#438: Allow a configuration.ccl for the flesh -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: hinder Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Does this mean that you approve of the idea of having an empty configuration.ccl in the flesh?
I can't produce a patch to add the empty configuration.ccl file; this isn't possible with svn -- you probably mean to ensure that such an empty file is committed if the patch is applied.
A thorn called "Cactus" is how the flesh is represented internally. The flesh is treated specially in many ways, and this particular loop can't handle the flesh because it determines arrangement and thorn name from a directory name, which doesn't make sense for the flesh. The original if statement only skips two lines, while the next statement also skips the remainder of the loop for the flesh, which needs to be skipped for the same reason as above.
The change to ConfigurationParser.pl changes debug code that is commented out by default. It could go into a separate patch; however, given the complexity of preparing, submitting, reviewing, and then applying patches, this doesn't seem worthwhile. I'll do it if you think this helps.
The change to CreateConfigurationBindings corrects an inconsistency; it ensures that each requirement is processed only once.
The latter two changes can be applied independently of allowing a configuration.ccl for the flesh, but I found them necessary during testing, so I would call them a prerequisite, although I can't recall the exact circumstances under which these changes were required to correct a problem.