#597: WeylScal4 should use the kranc script rather than calling Mathematica directly ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: WeylScal4 testsuite ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am not convinced if the logic that is in runmath and that tries to find the Kranc installation should be in Bin/kranc, it seems to be too ET specific and fragile. If we use Bin/kranc (which provides RunKranc which I had not noticed, sorry), the I would suggest to have runmath look for Bin/kranc and to (if it is not present) extent Bin/kranc to accept an environment variable or something similar to tell it where to look for the Mathematica packages (in case someone eg. copies or links kranc into $HOME/bin or so).
This was the original reason for the complicated logic, to give users the ability to use their own Kranc installation and setup (eg. the ones that do not get WeylScal4 out of the ET).
Though if it is decided that we prefer a simple and clean setup that will work from within ET (and expect users who want to use something else to be experienced enough to run their own method), then I would think that Ian's initial commit is best and should be accepted.