#163: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels' failed error -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Reporter: azebrowski@… | Owner: knarf Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I recently played with a multistep time integration scheme (just the plain Adams-Bashforth-Moulton which one can copy from numerical recipes) for a postprocessing code that needs some time evolution but cannot (since all data comes from saved timeslices) use a RK scheme.
In that case, I would naturally want to use Carpets previous timelevels for the evolution scheme, but might require more levels than I would need for a the desired time interpolation order. The problem here stems from the fact that Carpet assumes (correctly right now when using MoL) that timelevels are only for its own use during prolongation but the Adams- Bashforth-Moulton scheme actually needs past timelevels for purposes of its own.
I believe Carpet should ideally be more forgiving if there are more than enough timeleves to satisfy its needs for prolongation.