#1573: Simfactory aborts when --basedir is added as option to 'sim create-submit' -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2014_05 Component: SimFactory | Version: ET_2013_11 Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Hi Erik:
Saving it into the simulation's properties.ini file doesn't make sense
since this file is located in basedir, so basedir needs to be known to find this file.
I had the impression the simulation info was stored there after submission and loaded when needed to run.
I assume that the simfactory command in the submit script template
(*.sub file) needs a --basedir=@BASEDIR@ option. Can you try this? You would either modify the submit script that is stored with the executable, or rebuild the executable with a --submitscript=... option.
I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. The submission script was updated correctly in the Cactus/config/<config_name> directory. The submission script was copied correctly to
{{{ /path/to/new/basedir/SIMFACTORY/run/Submitscript }}}
here however I see that @MACHINE@ was already replaced while @BASEDIR@ wasn't:
{{{ --basedir=@BASEDIR@ --machine=loewe }}}
and at last, in the output directory
{{{ output-0000/SIMFACTORY }}}
Submitscript had still @BASEDIR@ not replaced.
So somewhere in this chain info about basedir is not loaded or loaded directly from the machine definition. I added the option --basedir=/path/to/blah both when I 'sim build' and 'sim create-submit'.
Thanks, Bruno.