#499: Prolongation fails with vectorisation enabled ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
I have just tried running the same job on Kraken and it works perfectly fine, without any segfault. I'm using the current SimFactory2 optionlists kraken-intel.cfg and datura.cfg. This means that on Kraken I'm using a slightly different version of the Intel compiler (11.1.038 vs 11.1.072) and some different optimisation settings (in particular SSE2 instead of SSE4.1). Note, however, that when I run the job on Damiana (damiana.cfg), which uses SSE2 but is otherwise identical to Datura, I get the same segfault.
Replying to [comment:8 eschnett]:
Other random ideas coming to my mind:
- running without OpenMP (with a single thread)
- building with gcc (and with optimisation) instead of Intel, still on
Datura
I will try these suggestions.