#114: per-variable tolerances for Cactus testsuites --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: tbode Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_10 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by tbode):
Ah, I had not made clear in my comments that the case .* alone is treated specially to specify a global tolerance at that (thorn/test) level. It is not counted when considering how many extra regular expressions have matched.
As to the anchor, the expression in the test.ccl file should be the entire regular expression sans slashes: /$expr/ and as such if you want the expression to be anchored, it must be specified there. I would not want to place a ''hidden'' anchor to be added to the expression as then the expression in the test.ccl file is misleading, especially if the developer does not want an anchor.
The current patch that I'm about to upload takes only the ''first'' match (beyond the default .* case). The developer is required to place any anchor in her regular expression. The new menu item (P) prints a tolerance table for the last test run so a developer can quickly see which tolerance was used for which file. (The first point is the only thing I just now changed).