#1397: make attempt to change non-steerable parameters at recovery fatal error --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
There is a parameter specifying what should be printed. If I remember correctly, this is 1 by default. Given the value descriptions, 2 would be a better option for the default. Also, 2 seems to be the right value for this specific warning. Results are not necessarily wrong when this happens, the user should know about it, and it is not terribly surprising that steering a non-steerable parameter won't work. On the other hand, I can see that results might in fact be wrong, and the warning might be overlooked. In that case it doesn't matter which level>0 it actually is. If we decide that this should not run at all, then we should make it a level 0 warning, an error. I didn't hit this very often (at least that I know of), so I don't have a good feeling whether 0 or 2 would be better.
Regardless of this, I believe a lot of simfactory runscripts actually use '-L 3' by default, so whether this is 'almost silently' depends on how you run Cactus.