#1690: The test system should treat a nonzero exit code from Cactus as a failure -------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Ian Hinder | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Roland Haas):
This is a bit more complex. I just looked into RunTestUtils.pl which contains these lines: {{{ $retcode = &RunCactus($output,$test,$cmd); chdir $config_data->{"CCTK_DIR"};
# Deal with the error code if($retcode != 0) { print "Cactus exited with error code $retcode\n"; print "Please check the logfile $testdata->{"$thorn $test TESTRUNDIR"}$sep$test.log\n\n"; $testdata->{"$thorn FAILED"} .= "$parfile "; $testdata->{"NFAILED"}++; } }}} and indeed I do see the output
Cactus exited with error code 137 Please check the logfile [...]/TEST/sim/TestArrays/arrays0.log
It just turns out that the fields in {{{$testdata}}} that are set but it seems they have always been ignored (incl. in the commit "cbe7f3d1 - (HEAD) Fixed bug where par files which core dumped would pass (16 years ago)" which I have tried).