#2022: thorn guide on et website links to pdf pages --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: knarf Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:10 rhaas]:
Replying to [comment:9 knarf]: I am providing an improvement in
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/attachment/ticket/2022/ThornGuide.php.html which is pure css and works fine if one eg drops the file into a local checkout of the ET website git repo. I lets the browser wrap the lines based on giving it a column width as a number of "em"s ie roughly how many characters are in the column.
That's an interesting solution. It would require you to 'guess' the number of 'ems', but since this is 'ems' it shouldn't be too bad in most cases. The main difference here is the sorting. This sorts up-down first, then left-right. The current version sorts left-right, then up-down. Which is I guess a question of taste.