#139: Existing symbolic links not deleted ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
I didn't test this, but I don't like the -n option so much. Imagine the base Cactus source tree residing within a symlink - that is not unusual, at least not for me. Now GetComponents might try to create a symlink to some repository directly within that directory - which is a symlink - and overwrites the symlink to the whole Cactus checkout.
For reference: "-n: treat destination that is a symlink to a directory as if it were a normal file"
We could use the -n option if we can be sure that the destination is always the real destination, e.g. instead of (I didn't check if it is doing this): ln -fs path/source . it could execute ln -nfs path/source ./source