#554: GetComponents deletes local changes ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_11 Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* owner: eschnett => eric9 * priority: blocker => minor * component: SimFactory => GetComponents * milestone: => ET_2011_11
Comment:
I can reproduce the branch-change. I know why it happens (meaning I know the code), but I don't know why this was done. Is there a reason we should call 'svn switch' (without --relocate) if the URL of the repo doesn't match up with the actual checkout? If we change that our options are either a) abort, since we cannot update using the given thornlist because there is another checkout 'in the way', or b) simply update, ignoring the URL specified in the thornlist.
Any way - I cannot get local changes being overwritten, the worst I could produce are conflicts, but the changes are still there. Thus, I am lowering the priority. Please change again if you can reproduce the data loss (and let me know how to).