#1379: Rename autoconfigured CCTK_BUILTIN functions to __builtin --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I agree with Ian in not liking Cactus re-defining reserved words of the language ("inline", "restrict") and possibly double (or single which are reserved for the C standard library for that matter) underscored symbols. I am not sure I buy into the "looks ugly" argument. If the issue is only syntax highlighting, then it is usually simple to extent one's favorite editor's syntax files to cope with CCTK_XXX items (and eg CCTK_REAL, CCTK_INT etc as well). My thoughts about M_PI which is a macro to begin with are less strong, there I don't mind if Cactus provides a definition of the environment does not (as long as it is the correct value of pi).
So I'd be happy having all of these things be CCTK_STATIC_INLINE CCTK_RESTRICT etc again. Of course this means that we are re-inventing the wheel as far as names goes.