#484: CCTK_CHECK_C_INLINE can define away the inline keyword ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Well yes, it is part of autoconf's AC_INLINE macro. That macro however checked for any kind of inline keyword and not just a particular one that makes the inline function externally visible (ie. CCTK_CHECK_C_INLINE checks for GNU's inline semantics whereas AC_INLINE checked for any inline keyword). So it would never define away inline even though the compiler does indeed support inline functions :-)
Any solution that lets me compile is fine with me though.
I attach a patch for cctk.h and aclocal.m4.
This still leaves the pgi compiler out in the cold though since I do not know how to make it use the gnu inline semantics. Any help is welcome given that pgi was the compiler I'd originally like to get to work.