#670: commit 166d77a440a5 and b5f8b4ff16fb does not compile with gfortran --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- I get the following error messages (the second commit changes make.code.defn to activate code from the first commit): {{{ In file /home/rhaas/ET/configs/et/build/Carpet/LoadBalanceReal/carpet_region.f90:59
type(superregion2), pointer, intent(out) :: sregion 1 Error: POINTER attribute conflicts with INTENT attribute at (1) }}}
this happens with gfortran 4.2 on a red hat 5.7 system (eg. the cct machines or my workstation at Caltech or (former workstation at) GT). I attach the full make output (with many more errors).
Looking at the fortran code it states that: {{{ ! Note that using intent on pointer arguments requires fortran 2003. ! It is not allowed in fortran 90 or 95. }}} I tried setting std=f2003 in gfortran (see make.log) but apparently this is not sufficient for gfortran 4.1.2
I am not which other fortran compilers are affected. If we keep this then we will have to make very clear all user realise that Carpet requires Fortran 2003 and a fairly new gfortran compiler (or intel) not just Fortran 90.