#1321: Collisions in executable cache directory -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Description changed by knarf:
Old description:
If I have two Cactus trees both using the same configuration names and the same simulation directory, I believe that the executable cache in simulations/CACHE will suffer from collisions between the cached executables in the different Cactus trees. A solution would be to use a unique name for the executable, just as is done when purging simulations to the TRASH directory.
I am hesitant to set the ET_2013_05 milestone, but a fix which would make it into the release would be very welcome.
New description:
If I have two Cactus trees both using the same configuration names and the same simulation directory, I believe that the executable cache in simulations/CACHE will suffer from collisions between the cached executables in the different Cactus trees. A solution would be to use a unique name for the executable, just as is done when purging simulations to the TRASH directory.
--