#764: cached output in CarpetIOSCalar --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: review => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
applied.
You are correct, historical correctness requires the rant to be at the _end_ of any comment :-). However I complain too much and there is little need to be so very pushy since someone is already working on the project. We also apparently need the spam filter even for the track tickets. A workaround for me has also been suggested. So I am molified for now (and will limit myself to verbal rants in my office after closing the door :-) ).
I'll close the ticket since the caching patch would be less effective in speeding up IO I think. One can get almost the same result by keeping the file streams open and increasing their buffer size via {{{fstream->rdbuf().pubsetbuf((bufptr = new char[size]), size); ... delete[](bufptr);}}}. The remaining logic would be almost identical (with the currently used InternalFlushCache doing fstream->pubsync()).
A patch to IOASCII will be committed eventually as well without further notice.