#1397: make attempt to change non-steerable parameters at recovery fatal error --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Personally I would prefer this to be an error, since it was a user input that we cannot honor so I would treat it as a parameter file error.
As for frequency: I don't have hard numbers. I remember that this has happened to at least three (incl. myself) of us here at Caltech in the last say month (or so), mostly because I remember having suggested/had suggested to me to change param.ccl, recompile and rerun. So not very very often. It is however fairly common for SN runs to recover from a checkpoint with changed options (eg when transitioning from pre-bounce to bounce), or to try and change the grid structure, tracking options etc. after a checkpoint recovery (if eg something failed).