#1864: Cactus build fails on file systems that do not update timestamps all the time ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: backport ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The machine in question is the new cluster being purchased by the AEI. Please note that we are not talking about the file modification time being incorrect. Instead it simply is not modified at all unless some data is actually written to the file. I can reproduce this on at least two BeeGFS installations one of which should be using "default" options.
I would still prefer if we change our make system such that it works under non-ideal situations. Usually I dislike assuming that our script operate in a perfect world and much prefer if they assume as little as possible about the environment they run in.
Unless vetoed I will apply the patch in https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-requests/22/cactus-restore- echo-to-create-makechecked/diff on Wednesday.