#686: Handle requirements recursively -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: bmundim Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
I have attached a cleaner version of the original patch, now taking into account that #685 has been applied. I have also split the patch in 3 pieces corresponding to the 3 files modified just for clarity. The changes are basically the following:
1) The ConfigScriptParser.pl patch only add the include statements appearing in the configuration.ccl. In my opinion is ready to be applied.
2) ConfigurationParser.pl patch simply implements logic regarding illegal capabilities names. I would suggest to modify the error message to emphasize that it is its name that it is illegal: "Illegal optional capability name ..."
3) CreateConfigurationBindings.pl patch implements the recursive requires per se. The logic seems correct and it doesn't break current configuration. However I haven't tested enough to say about corner cases (eg A requires B that requires C that requires A). The logic is there, but I haven't tested. I would recommend to apply this patch after someone take another look (it is much cleaner now).
Thanks, Bruno.