#2158: Without MPI installed, Cactus doesn't build -------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: review Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I see. This seems somewhat ugly, since we have to look for "magic" directory names. It seems workable but is required everywhere else where we may refer to {{{XXX_DIR}}}.
I would also try to improve hwloc's {{{HWLOC_DIR}}} setting logic? Ie. {{{ HWLOC_DIR="$(echo ${HWLOC_INC_DIRS} NO_BUILD | sed 's!/[^/]* *!!')" }}} seems a bit strange to me. I kind of understand what it wants to do, namely use {{{HWLOC_INC_DIRS}}} then remove the last part of the path (presumably "include") from the first one found, or use {{{NO_BUILD}}} if {{{HWLOC_INC_DIRS}}} is empty. Would it make sense to try and return only a single word in {{{HWLOC_INC_DIRS}}}? Right now it may be "/home/sw/ NO_BUILD".
I would try for the output of {{{ pkg-config hwloc --variable=prefix }}} as well. This is not foolproof as the variable does not have to exist.