#1881: Unclear error message for parameter file error -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by sbrandt):
I have a fix. Let's see if this agrees with what you expect. First, here's what I used for a par file. {{{ # ML_BSSN_FH::block_size_i = 4 # ML_BSSN_FH::block_size_j = 4 # ML_BSSN_FH::block_size_k = 4
ML_BSSN_FH::ML_log_confac_bound = "none" ML_BSSN_FH_Helper::ML_BSSN_FH_CalculateRHSInMoLPostStep }}} Here is the error I now produce: {{{ WARNING level 0 from host sbrand3-5.lsu.edu process 0 while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine) in thorn cactus, file x.par:1: -> ERROR IN PARAMETER FILE:Parse Error Expected one of the following characters: [[=]
# ML_BSSN_FH::block_size_k = 4
ML_BSSN_FH::ML_log_confac_bound = "none" ML_BSSN_FH_Helper::ML_BSSN_FH_CalculateRHSInMoLPostStep ^
}}} This shows the correct line and position in the line, and the set of characters that it expected. Is [[=] too cryptic?