#382: SimFactory home directory on Kraken is too specific -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_10 Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
This is reported in ticket:595. In case it will be fully implemented, it should then be used within the sync code.
I don't care much about the ENV syntax. The only possible source of confusion might be that Cactus parameter files use $ENV{'NAME'} as syntax. We could as well adapt simfactory to that. But then, simfactory already uses the @@ syntax in other places.
My only concern is that we should have something working for the release. But that would require not only sync to work, because directories like SCRATCH should be used for job-creation as well. I did not test ENV(NAME) there yet, but given that ParseEnvCommands doesn't seem to replace everything with '' I have doubts that it works.