#499: Prolongation fails with vectorisation enabled ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Replying to [comment:6 eschnett]:
LoopControl is another candidate that can create problems when
vectorising. It has a self-check built in that is enabled via LoopControl::do_selftest = yes (and which is somewhat expensive). Could you give this a try?
I have tried this and the crash still happens as before without any error detected by LoopControl. The only way I am able to avoid the crash is to disable optimisation (which annoyingly makes debugging a pain). Do you think this could point to a compiler issue? I'm going to try the same run on Kraken (the crash happens on Datura) to see if the problem happens there too.
Has anybody else encountered a segfault in CarpetHG with vectorisation enabled and AMR? Or has anybody else tried this combination successfully?