#1910: ExternalLibraries/HDF5 does not set HDF5_INC_DIRS ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
The problem is not with finding HDF5 on my machine. That works fine by just setting HDF5_DIR as I do. The problem is that nothing correctly sets HDF5_INC_DIRS nor HDF5_LIB_DIRS and these are required when building the CarpetIOHDF5 utils.
On my machine, hdf5 is installed in ```/usr/local```. I have traced the evaluation through build.sh and bash_utils.sh. The library is found by [https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/src/01d8937b1fdd8a31060aeb4e387bc97b... =file-view-default#bash_utils.sh-192 line 192 of bash_utils.sh] using find_standardlib. This correctly calls set_make_vars, but then [https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/src/01d8937b1fdd8a31060aeb4e387bc97b... =file-view-default#bash_utils.sh-63 strip-incdirs.sh and strip-libdirs.sh] commands remove the ```/usr/local/include``` and ```/usr/local/lib``` that are required (note that these are not part of the standard paths in the OS X build system).
In summary, I would suggest either committing the patch I posted, or else modifying the OS X option lists so that HDF5_INC_DIRS and HDF5_LIB_DIRS are set explicitly.