#1554: Want to define constants in parameter files --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: sbrandt Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I had not even realized that parameter values could be used in expressions, is this documented? Requiring '$' may depend on whether we want to blur the distinction between Cactus parameters and the constants defined in the parfile (and $parfile and $ENV{...} which currently exit). I am not sure where I stand on this. Aesthetically I prefer "$" (since I associate it with "scripts"). There seems to be no reason for it though. Syntaxwise it should be fine since we no longer support global Cactus parameters (which don't have the "::" in the name) anymore, I suspect we can live with the ambiguity of {{{ActiveThorns = "a b"}}} not being the assignment of a constant named "ActiveThorns" but instead a directive.