#1260: list registered variables when exceeding MoL accumulator limit ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: MoL ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Hmm, I believe I cannot use Util_asnprintf directly since I don't know at compile time how many variables there might be so I cannot build its format string. I would either have to build the format string dynamically in memory which I could do without a realloc, or I run the list of variables twice first counting how much memory I need, then filling the string. I dislike printing to stdout directly since Cactus supports listeners for warnings (via CCTK_WarnCallbackRegister), it seems, which would be circumvented by printing to stdout directly.
Attached is an updated patch with simplified logic and no more realloc. It counts how much space will be needed, then gets memory, then uses snprintf to build the string as before.