#889: GRHydro atmosphere bug ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: reisswig | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro, atmosphere ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The reasoning given seems correct though I am not sure if the patch is correct. First you seem to loop over everything (from 1 to cctk_lsh) but then use the [xyz]offset to access elements other than i,j,k which seems as if you might access memory outside of the array. Second (and of this I am not sure since it depends on how the plus/minus arrays line up with the ordinary ones), I would expect that if a plus or minus value is reset that the Riemann problem affected differs since plus is the value of the field at the right side of a cell but minus is the value at the left side (I believe to remember). Otherwise: very good catch :-)