#2055: Move gallery examples to EinsteinExamples repository --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I think this is a good idea. Separate thornlists are not a problem (I could imagine providing "minimal" thornlists for example), and they should go into the same place as the parameter file, as should any additional material for each example. The web server could host checkouts of that in a transparent way.
What I would like to avoid is to fragment the places that hold information about a particular example. In this sense, we could structure CactusExamples in a way that gives each example a separate directory, much like the gallery already, and provide all data from there.
What I didn't make up my mind about is the html itself. There are arguments for both keeping that where it is, and moving it alongside to the data, but I do lean towards keeping it in the www repository for now - mostly because they do depend on other files within the www repository, and it would be easy to provide a link within the example directories / parfiles.