#2003: piraha_everywhere Zelmani stress test ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: piraha ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Replying to [comment:30 hinder]:
Roland: I agree that backward compatibility is important, but nothing
should be absolute. If it's a lot of work, for an extremely minor breakage, then it's not worth it, especially if it has only been documented for one release. Put it this way: would you rather that Steve spent time implementing this, or working on the automatic sync statements? I disagree. I also think it is not much work as demonstrated by the code fragments above. We had a similar situation when we required that all strings in ccl files are surrounded by '"' quotes, which was fine for all ET parfiles (and all the ones I had written myself) but broke every single parfile used by Christian Reisswig and Christian Ott. They were ok to change their parfiles but it serves as an example to not claim something is "minor" because "I would never do this".
Was CarpetRhoRegrid/param.ccl written with that funny backslash because
it said it was possible in the documentation? I can't imagine anyone writing that line deliberately; it looks more like some auto-formatting by an editor.
This must have been done intentionally. I would not know of an editor (emacs in this case most likely) that would add "" at the end of a line. Auto-formatting would most likely just wrap the word to the next line.