#1910: ExternalLibraries/HDF5 does not set HDF5_INC_DIRS ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:10 eschnett]:
These are the lines that are missing: {{{ # Set options if [ "${FFTW3_DIR}" != 'NO_BUILD' ]; then : ${FFTW3_INC_DIRS="${FFTW3_DIR}/include"} : ${FFTW3_LIB_DIRS="${FFTW3_DIR}/lib"} fi }}}
I would also suggest to add (assuming testing shows that's fine): {{{ FFTW3_INC_DIRS="$(${CCTK_HOME}/lib/sbin/strip-incdirs.sh ${FFTW3_INC_DIRS})" FFTW3_LIB_DIRS="$(${CCTK_HOME}/lib/sbin/strip-libdirs.sh ${FFTW3_LIB_DIRS})" }}}
... with the same obvious replacements.
For the release, I suggest setting HDF5_INC_DIRS manually, together with
HDF5_DIR, as well as HDF5_LIB_DIRS and HDF5_LIBS.
So, you suggest not to add those lines for the release? Testing this automatically isn't trivial, as the testsuites wouldn't test for the utilities to be build, nor (I think) does Jenkins. As far as I read from the ticket, the actual configuration dos work, it is "only" the utilities that fail to build in that case.
Let's add this problem to the release notes, fix it in trunk after the release, test it for some time there (about a month, with special emphasis on people really testing it), and back-porting it then.