#419: CarpetRegrid2 sets up grids which are not consistent ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: knarf | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
the error has changed but I still get an error message and an abort when using RoatingSymemtry180. This time CarpetRegrid2 eventually fails with:
{{{ WARNING level 0 in thorn CarpetRegrid2 processor 0 host phys44230.physics.gatech.edu (line 383 of /localdata/rhaas3/Cactus_devel/configs/devel/build/CarpetRegrid2/regrid.cc): -> Could not enforce grid structure properties; giving up
}}}
after a couple of
{{{ INFO (CarpetRegrid2): Regridding levels 1 and up WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetRegrid2 processor 0 host phys44230.physics.gatech.edu (line 389 of /localdata/rhaas3/Cactus_devel/configs/devel/build/CarpetRegrid2/regrid.cc): -> Could not enforce grid structure properties in this round, starting another round }}}
The error persists if I turn off the z symmetry. Without RotatingSymmetry180 (but with z symmetry) it works fine (please ignore the attached -norot file, it is incorrect [I had made a mistake when turning off RotatingSymmetry]).