#1238: implement buffer mask in CarpetEvolutionMask --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: CarpetEvolutionMask --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
I was half hoping to provoke someone with Carpet internal knowledge to look at it (Erik however said he'd be busy today so I only threatened to commit on Sunday). I'll hold of for proper please apply. :-)
The buffer calculation is copied out of dh::regrid.cc so is hopefully consistent with what Carpet uses for its communication schedule.
Being able to control storage might be useful yes. I had briefly thought about it and then rejected it due to causing too many new parameters to be around ("if you don't want the masks, don't activate the mask thorn"). Adding a parameter is simple enough though. I will likely make the parameter default to "yes" though since likely if you benefit from the evolution mask you also benefit from the buffer mask (the buffers do show up as "evolved" points in the evolution mask since at least for some RK substeps their RHS needs to be evaluated and the results their would show up in the restricted output [via the stencils]).