#1399: add evolution method "stationary" to ADMBase ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ADMBase ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am fine with a different name for the parameters (and being able to schedule after each time step, I had not though of that possibility).
To give some context: the desire for this methods stems from testing the Bondi infall where I found that I either spend most of my time in Exact setting up the Schwarzschild metric in every step or have to live with the SYNC due to "static" evolution_method causing prolongation and producing non-exact metric values in the buffer regions, which I found undesirable given that I used an exact background metric.
Making this a parameter of ADMBase would allow us to use any ID thorn with this rather than only Exact which might be a nice feature (maybe for something like a long disk simulation around a NS provided by the Lorene readers). Resetting the data only after a regrid seems to be only safe for "stationary" ie time independent spactimes, hence the choice of keyword. I agree that this is confusing when compared to "static" keyword that already exists.
How about "regrid-only" and "frozen-ID" for the two choices "reapply- initial-condition-after-grid-structure-changes" and "reapply-initial- condition-at-every-time-step" ?