#971: global-early, loop-local routines in PostRegrid cause access to elements outside of a vector capacity ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by rhaas):
* status: new => review
Comment:
Attached please find patches that rewrite the scheduling of HydroBase::Hydrobase_InitExcision and SetMask_SphericalSurface to avoid using global-early in postregrid. The patches revert #958 (for HydroBase) and schedule SetMask_SphericalSurface in local mode during postregrid (but leave it global loop-local in poststep).
The patches to AHFinderDirect and CarpetMask remove AFTER statements that were void since the referenced group does not exist in the schedule bin in question or add comments.
I'll also prepare a patch for Carpet to forbit global-early routines in PostRegrid, though I am not quite sure yet how to achieve this since only CallFunction looks at the attributes but it does no longer know which bin we are in I think.
Ok to apply?