#1213: GRhydro updates ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRhydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Thank you for reviewing the patches. The bundle was a bit larger than what I would usually aim for.
For 0002: the changed schedule items refer to SetTmunu in HydroBase_Initial and HydroBase_RHS in CCTK_POSTINITIAL. Neither bin (according to TmunuBase/schedule.ccl and HydroBase/schedule.ccl) actually contains such a scheduled item, ie it is an ordering request with respect to a non-existing item which is void. I assume that such items existed in whichever bin GRhydro_Initial and GRHydro_Scalar_Setup were scheduled when GRHydro was still Whisky.
For 0012: I fully agree. Usually this would be either aliased functions or functions defined for both C an Fortran via CCTK_FNAME(func).
For 0013: such a switch is certainly possible. One could for example make the parameter a keyword with options "always", "auto", "never", then check for the presence of the thorn CarpetEvolutionMask (Carpet alone is not sufficient) then set a grid scalar depending on the result. Not sure if I like this better though, at least for now I would want to have the keyword default to "never" anyway. Once the code is more mature I think we might want to change the default (since it might speed up runs with AMR a bit and might avoid unnecessary warnings/aborts due to c2p failures).