#279: Compiling with Mac OS and Intel compiler leads to missing library warning --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Type: defect Status: new | Priority: minor Milestone: | Component: Cactus Version: | Keywords: --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- When I compile Cactus with the Intel compiler on Mac OS I get the following warning at link time:
ld: warning: directory '/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/084/bin/lib' following -L not found
I traced this to the known_architectures/darwin file which guesses the location of the library directory relative to the output of $(which ifort). I think now that newer compilers have 32 bit and 64 bit versions under different directories, the directory layout has changed and the guess is now wrong. The warning appears to be harmless, but it is annoying. The attached patch checks to see if the first guess directory exists, and if it doesn't, it looks one level higher up. On my system this guess is correct and the warning message is eliminated. I looked at the corresponding logic in the linux file but maybe the directory layout is different on Linux.