#2080: Backports for the June 2017 release to compile on the NDS machine --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: sbrandt Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2018_02 Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by sbrandt):
Overview:
F90 is and has always been required. My recollection is that if you try to compile the ET without it CCTK_REAL is not defined. Thus, the original generic.cfg was guaranteed not to work anywhere.
MPI is used by generic.run, but only if you ask for more than 1 proc. It assumes mpirun is in the $PATH.
The simfactory submit commands work for generic machines now (using nohup), with or without MPI.
I have *not* removed the optionlists that are no longer required. If we want this, it is the only action to be taken on this ticket. I suspect doing this will cause some short-term pain for people who have workflows that use them explicitly, and I'm not sure we want to do so this close to a release.