#1075: Test cases with specific number of processes --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I just tried it using simfactory on lonestar. I used {{{ sim create-submit bns_all-tests --procs 1 --testsuite --configuration bns_all --walltime 0:20:0 }}} which unfortunately then ran all tests on 1 process even the one (ML_BSSN_Test/ML_BSSN_NewRad) that requested 2 processes. I suspect this is due to simfactory not going through the test-suite mechanism and instead uses its own RunScript to start the run.
The test still claimed everything worked though close inspection showed that it says "Success: 0 files identical" and also that in fact the files are not identical (ran a vimdiff). So Ian's comment points out a real issue.
I have also tried the reverse and was offered to run a 1 processor test with 2 processes on my workstation: {{{ Issuing mpirun -np 2 /mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/Zelmani/exe/cactus_bns_all /mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/Zelmani/arrangements/EinsteinAnalysis/AHFinderDirect/test/checkpointML.par }}}
Something is still odd.