#1075: Test cases with specific number of processes --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: reopened Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2012_11 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* priority: major => critical * status: closed => reopened * resolution: fixed => * milestone: => ET_2012_11
Comment:
Did anyone test that this new version works with SimFactory before committing the change? I explained why it would not work (comment:20), and Roland tested that this was the case. As of now, I think the test system tries to run all the tests, and assumes that it can set the number of processes in the mpirun command. This does not work; SimFactory assumes that @NUM_PROCS@ is correct, and this doesn't come from the test system. If you now try to run a set of tests with different process number requirements, some of them are always going to fail, because they are always run on the same number of processes.
I think that such a drastic change to the test system, one that breaks the ability to use simfactory to run the tests, should not be applied just before a release. I propose reverting this commit, and revisiting this after the release when we can come up with a comprehensive solution that ensures that simfactory can still work correctly.