#434: Keep track of masked-out volume in CarpetMask --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I tried with the attached parfile (2 processors). The mask patch does not seem to fix the issue. My (completely ecidence less) suspicion would be that the issue are the outer boundaries (which are included by the reduction operation in CarpetReduce) and the ghost zones (which end up having weight 1 but are ignored by the reduction since it skips cctk_nghostzones points [at least did so in the git version where I looked at it last]). I get: {{{ INFO (CarpetReduce): Finalise the weight on level 0 INFO (CarpetReduce): Testing weight INFO (CarpetReduce): Reduction weight sum: 2009.5 INFO (CarpetReduce): Volume of map #0: 2156 INFO (CarpetReduce): Simulation domain volume: 1963 INFO (CarpetReduce): Additional excised volume: 193 }}} and a warning: {{{ WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetReduce processor 0 host horizon.tapir.caltech.edu (line 127 of /home/rhaas/ET/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetReduce/src/mask_test.c): -> Simulation domain volume and reduction weight sum differ }}} The sum of "Simulation domain volume" and "Additional excised volume" is "Volume of map #0".