#1050: [PATCH]CarpetIOHDF5: make WriteLargeAttribute write a string, not an array of ints --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Comment (by anton@…):
Replying to [comment:5 eschnett]:
No need to be sorry! That's what a review is for, and I thank you for
improving our code.
I am not overly familiar with strings in HDF5. I notice that the
documentation of H5D_get_storage_size says that it is generally not recommended to use this function. H5T_get_size (the converse of the function used to create the string type) may be more appropriate. Could you update your patch?
Ok, done. It makes the patch slightly longer, but I guess a cleaner solution is better.
Did you run the test cases after applying your patch? I assume that (a)
this patch indeed makes it simpler for Python to read the attributes, and (b) that in particular the recovery test cases succeed.
Yes, specifically the CarpetWaveToyRecover_test_*proc passes both with and without the changes to the checkpoint file.
I'm a bit confused by the nobuffers test claiming No files created in test directory
Success: 0 files identical
but that seems unrelated to the patch.