#241: Thorns should be able to specify implementation versions, and other thorns should be able to depend on those --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2016_05 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am still somewhat unhappy with the non-explicit loop termination that always exists the loop through an return in the loop body. I added a version that (I personally, others may well differ) find more explicit and intuitive (at least the loop termination condition, if one want to have just shorter code then one can get rid of four more lines by assigning the result of the regex to a list).
As far as whether I prefer that version numbers should be required to start with a numerical or a non-numerical prefix, I'd say "neither should be required" ie. both OpenMPI's {{{v2.x-dev-411-gb0ff2a1}}} as well as {{{1.8.15-patch1}}} should be supported (and I think CompareVersion supports all of these).
Minor issue: I would rename the CheckVersionStrings procedure to just CheckVersions to avoid confusion whether the procedure checks versions of capabilities or verifies that a version string is valid.
Documentation and comments need to be made consistent with what the code actually does before this is applied but otherwise I have no objection to this. Is there also support for CONFLICTS?