#582: Semi-automatically split McLachlan's calculations ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
(Erik and I already discussed this out of TRAC - I put the following here for the benefit of others)
This makes for a much more complicated !McLachlan_BSSN.m. I would rather that the splitting itself was done within Kranc. You could give Kranc the original unsplit calculations, and give it patterns to match against the terms which are candidates for splitting. Kranc would then process the calculations and generate the different variants. This way, the splitting, which is an implementation/optimisation detail, is hidden from the end- user, who only has to worry about the equations. It's good to have this patch here in TRAC so that we can use it as a reference, now that I see the idea of what you are trying to do. We just need to move the logic from this patch into Kranc.