#367: When a repo URL changes, GetComponents should offer more help ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: accepted Priority: major | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
Is it really solved for SVN? I have a Curie checkout and I manually did an svn switch on the manifest repository to get the new thornlist for the current trunk. I then fetched the CRL git repo and switched to the master branch to get the latest version. I then ran
[ianhin@login-damiana Cactus]$ bin/GetComponents -a --update --root=. manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
It first told me that the URL for simfactory2 had changed, so I moved it out of the way. It then told me
Error: The URL for EinsteinAnalysis/Multipole has changed, please perform a clean checkout.
Now, the URL will have changed because the branch has changed, but that is the only change, I think. Multipole is stored in SVN, so I don't think this is working, unless I've missed something.
Steps to reproduce:
{{{ # Download Curie version wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/gridaphobe/CRL/raw/ET_2011_05/GetComponents chmod 755 GetComponents ./GetComponents -a http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2011_05/einsteintoolkit....
cd Cactus
# Update GetComponents cd repos/CRL git fetch git checkout master cd ../..
# Update thornlist cd manifest svn switch http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk cd ..
# Move simfactory away (probably have to do this for Carpet as well) mv simfactory simfactory.old
# Attempt to upgrade to latest version bin/GetComponents --update --root=. manifest/einsteintoolkit.th }}}