#798: allow calculations in parameter assignments in parameter files --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
A few questions:
What about fmod integer operations? Why don't they use % directly?
You use ^ for exponentiation; this is maybe confusing in a C-like syntax. Can you use ** instead?
Are two-argument functions supported? If so, fmod and pow could be used directly.
Are there test cases for all of this? I imagine a parameter file that exercises most of this, including some corner cases. A new thorn in the CactusTest arrangement would be appropriate.
Is -inf recognized?
I see that ! is supported. What about & | ^ && || etc.?
What are the _ and @ operators in the table?
Note: I am not making requests here (except for test cases). I'd like to know what you think, and open issues can go into a TODO list.