#100: ExternalLibraries/HDF5/HDF5.sh fails to catch a missing library file in user implementation ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ExternalLibraries HDF5 ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Hi Erik,
I still think that the hdf5.sh script is flawed. I set HDF5_DIR=BUILD and the script still finds the Ubuntu implementation and skips building the library. I truly think that when HDF5_DIR=BUILD is set it should build and link against the ET shipped library, not the system one (Note that other tools out of Cactus code may need to use the system one, at least out of convenience since it is installed in a standard directory). At the end, if I am sure the system library provides support for fortran and C++, all I need to do is to comment out the ExternalLibraries/HDF5 from the thorn list.
Regarding the HDF5 shipped with Ubuntu: it doesn't provide support for C++ or fortran. So it is important that the BUILD option really builds and links against the library shipped with ET. This should be the default.
Anyway, this is my opinion. What do you think? Thanks, Bruno.