#1772: Simfactory: potentially serious problem with CACHE directory in the simulations directory -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2015_05 Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: CACHE -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Replying to [comment:19 eschnett]:
Your current approach checks whether the hard link has been created
correctly, and if not, introduces a new error condition. I would prefer a simpler solution: The current code already knows how to handle the case that the link could not be created. I would extend this error check to include the case that a symbolic link was created. You would then reuse the existing error handling, which copies the file instead.
I agree your solution is simpler. However os.link(source, link_name) doesn't raise any exception if a symbolic link is created instead of a hard link. This forced me to use this extra if statement.